*Technical Proposal Writer -29544
client in Rancho Cordova Rancho Cordova, CA 95655 | Contract
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop, accurate, complete, and compliant bid responses
- Analyze requirements and write compliant proposals in accordance with RFP instructions.
- Performs in-depth editing of draft responses for clarity, technical accuracy, continuity, readability, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling.
- Responsible for final production, packaging, and delivery of proposals.
- Creates and maintains a proposal library in both hard copy and electronic format.
- Performs research on potential and existing customers, included related industry solutions
- Contributes to the update of departmental documents (style guides, proposal management tools, etc.) to facilitate with quick completion of solicitations
- Support with tracking of bid notifications, solicitation responses and status
- Ability to support simultaneous proposal assignments
- Other related duties as assigned by manager
- Mastery of the English written language including spelling, composition, editing, and grammar
- High analytical skills with strong organizational skills
- Must be familiar with the Shipley Methodology or equivalent proposal development process, from capture management through final proposal production
- Strong communication effectively and professionally
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word skills, including all Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Professional; and ability to adapt to new, technology-driven tools
- B.S. or equivalent experience in in technical proposal writing and editing, preferred experience in a Biometrics/IT field in support of Government or Private markets, OR 5 years of experience in technical proposal writing.