Technical Lead, Software Engineering
9750 Goethe Road Sacramento, CA 95827 | Direct Hire
Technical Engineering Lead
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the individual team members, applying technical and professional expertise to resolve issues, support and mentor team members, foster a collaborative culture and drive thought leadership
- Provide the project team with support and guidance on project specific processes, procedures, tools, training, and techniques
- Be a technical point of contact for the project, responsible for providing day to day technical leadership to the team
- Work with project managers to develop and track project plans, develop resource plans, allocate work to engineers and track deliverables
- Collaborates with manager in strategic planning and execution of initiatives
- Provide technical assessment of the impact of any changes to product requirements
- Highlight, review and mitigate technical risks alerting management to any issues that may cause variance to the project schedule and require remedial action to be taken
- Review of the product architecture, design, requirements specifications, and test specifications
- Determine and provide estimates for development tasks
- Design, develop, debug and deploy software within the scheduled timeframe
- Contribute to the continued improvement of the organisation’ s development procedures by looking for opportunities for improvement and implementing solutions
- Resolution of technical issues in conjunction with team members
- Ensuring that designs, code, and unit tests are consistent, robust, and scalable
- Collaborate with technical managers, architects and other technical leads to deliver world class enterprise grade software and software enabled services
- Providing ongoing technical guidance and support for assigned projects to ensure team success
- Mentor engineers on the team and ensure high code quality by performing code reviews, providing guidance, developing standards and managing work allocation within SCRUM Agile project teams ensuring highest productivity
- Mentoring and leading technical team on technology and process ensuring best practices and continuous improvement
- Architect, Design, Develop, unit test, debug, deploy and support software ensuring end to end software life cycle
- Follow software engineering discipline ensuring delivery of stable, scalable, maintainable and highly available software products and services
- Engage in Continuous improvement ensuring higher quality, productivity and punctual delivery
- Running workshops on technical aspects of products ensuring continuous learning
- Supporting the agile development SCRUM processes and entire PDLC process meticulously ensuring alignment across teams
- Identifying and reporting assessed risks and potential solutions to management ensuring proactive risk management
- Working with technical team members to overcome and resolve all technical related roadblocks ensuring team risk mediation
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 12 years’ experience developing enterprise-level, mission critical, database-driven software for medium and large application development projects. Full life cycle experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading technical teams in leadership roles
- Extremely thorough understanding of software design and development including C#/.Net platform, programming languages, Object oriented analysis and design, and application architecture and design.
- Must have at least 1-year experience working with AWS cloud-based technologies/architecture. Experience with AWS lambda highly preferred.
- Experience with AngularJS or React highly preferred
- Experience working in a DevOps environment. Familiar with DevOps concepts, tools and practices.
- Must be focused on the delivery of customer value, in the form of executing software that meets the customer' s needs.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and project management in both the business and the technical areas
- Must be able to work with a matrixed project or scrum team
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills, with the ability to move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience. An MS, MSc or MBA would be an advantage.