Technical Documentation Writer
Client's site in Rancho Cordova CA Rancho Cordova, CA 95655 | Contract
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to Subject Matter Experts, Software Development and Quality Assurance teams to develop, accurate, HTML end user documentation.
- Performs in-depth editing of documentation for clarity, technical accuracy, readability, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling.
- Ability to adapt to unexpected changes in the project schedule that affect documentation deadlines.
- Ability to work with extensive electronic file systems and to maintain an organized, logical hierarchy according to department standards.
- Ability to adhere to existing stylistic conventions
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, even when standards or processes deviate from individual expectations
- Ability to support simultaneous documentation assignments
- Other related duties as assigned by manager
- Mastery of the English written language including spelling, composition, and grammar
- RoboHelp single-sourcing capabilities, with the ability to conditionalize and set up re-usable content (e.g., snippets).
- Knowledge of graphics and other best practices for working within RoboHelp.
- Ability to create, adapt, and manage CSS/styles, master pages, page layouts, and templates.
- Ability to develop and publish different output formats, including responsive HTML 5 help and printed documentation.
- Understanding and ability to manipulate table behavior for different output formats as well as multi-level lists.
- High analytical skills with strong organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Word skills, including all Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat Professional; and ability to adapt to new, technology-driven tools
- B.S. in Computer Science or 3-5 years of relevant Technical Writing experience.
- Experience in researching and writing end-user documentation and HTML online help modules in RoboHelp.