3100 Windy Hill Road Atlanta, GA 30339 | Direct Hire
IT Team Lead (Pulse Team)
The IT Store Systems Development Team Lead will provide technical leadership, oversight, and planning for new features and functionality for APG’ s predictive inventory analytics and classification systems. The IT Team Lead requires deep front-end and back-end software design and development skills along with sound project management capabilities, taking a lead role in working with the business users, project managers, and others within the APG IT organization to ensure all aspects of projects are completed properly based on business requirements. This role consists of hands-on technical tasks as well as customer interaction and project leading activities.
The IT Team Lead will be responsible for driving development of the predictive inventory analytics and classification tools. This individual will lead a team that provides an inventory recommendations solution serving a user base of over 5, 800 stores in the U.S. and Canada. This role will work closely with key departmental, management and project stakeholders across the organization; therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is a key priority.
- BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience
- 10+ years’ experience with a high level of proficiency in advanced web design and development and an emphasis in Java, JBoss, Oracle (PL/SQL & stored procedure development, relational database design) and front-end JS development (AngularJS, jQuery).
- 5+ years’ experience building and leading teams responsible for developing enterprise level software
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Management, Development, BA, QA, Architecture and Infrastructure teams
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages
- Hands-on skills in Java/J2EE architecture, architecture and design patterns and development.
- Experience in security systems and frameworks (JAAS, LDAP)
- Full understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and QA teams.
- Experience in designing and developing software products.
- Experience with advanced OOA/OOD techniques to design enterprise applications leveraging industry best practices.
- Full understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services
- Experience with XML related technologies including XSLT and REST/SOAP over internet protocols
- Solid understanding and experience in relational & NoSQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server, and Cassandra)
- Knowledge of popular open source frameworks
- System architecture and development experience in a high transaction/high availability systems
- Strong background in full lifecycle development (Waterfall and Agile)
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio or similar
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies, to work independently and in a team
- Mentor, coach, lead and provide technical direction to team members to meet project goals
- Proactively provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of projects, issues, and deliverables to our customers and/or vendors
- Plan and coordinate product release roadmap that balances the priorities of new functionality and bug fixes
- Analyze requirements as well as functional and architectural design documents to determine the coding needed from generalized business and functional requirements
- Work with project managers and business analysts to develop and clarify in-depth technical requirements. Work with architects to establish technical soundness of the solutions.
- Develop technical design specifications for application enhancements, including flowcharts, diagrams, DDL, and/or write pseudo code to illustrate sequence of steps and describe logical operations
- Perform research and development for Proof of Concept/Proof of Technology ideas. For those that prove out, hand off to other developers and then lead the effort to provide a production-ready solution.
- Enforce coding standards & perform code reviews to assist team members and ensure quality software. Work with architects to establish technical soundness of the solutions.
- Identify and evaluate business processes that can be automated, eliminated, and/or made more efficient
- Have accountability for client relationship with internal business customers, peers, and management team
- Work with technical support to facilitate analysis of, and resolution to, technical issues