Tableau Business Intelligence Reporting Engineer
4050 Valley View Lane Irving, TX 75038 | Direct Hire
We are looking for an experienced Tableau Business Intelligence Reporting Engineer to join our software Development team. Our growing software development organization needs talented people who possess strong deductive reasoning, extreme attention to detail, persistence, patience and creativity.
The Tableau Business Intelligence Reporting Engineer will serve as liaison between data source teams and the business units to coordinate the onboarding of data onto the data mart and the creation of analytical solutions, dashboards and reports. Candidate must have knowledge of data warehouse/data mart solutions, including experience with SSRS, Tableau and other Business Intelligence tools. Must have strong database query/analysis skills. Will work with the data source teams to analyze business requirements and review/produce specifications for any new/change to data mart input. Work with the Business Analysts and development team to ensure that they understand the specifications. Work with business units to gather and document requirements for reporting needs. Facilitate implementation of new reports and dashboards through User Acceptance sessions, demos and the development of appropriate documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience
The Tableau Business Intelligence Reporting Engineer is responsible for performing data discovery and analysis activities to identify specific information required to support client / project decisions and then present these results in a meaningful and intuitive format, using a variety of BI tools (Tableau, SSRS) and techniques. The ideal candidate for this position is highly analytical and technically inclined. Acts as the first line of support for data questions and issues and strives to become data subject matter expert (SME) for the client or project.
Analyzes, develops, and evaluates data in a data mart environment including data design, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation.
Design, develop, test and deploy new Tableau Dashboards, Scorecards, Analytic reports
- Expertise with Tableau version 10
- Familiarity with data visualization best practices
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server) and SQL
- Clear and effective communication
- Ability to work in an agile environment and drive projects forward independently
- Ability test and document end-to-end processes
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain ETL jobs to populate the data mart.
- Responsible for Data Analysis and Data Hygiene
- Define and help to develop interactive dashboards for business reporting needs.
- Define and help to develop analytical reports to meet business needs.
- Interfaces with users to determine needs, uses and specifications of data requests and conducts detailed analysis of data requirements.
- Create detailed Data Mappings through all stages of data life cycle
- Present findings and recommendations to identify gaps or issues, explains the root cause, documents the impact, and present options for resolution and change.
- Partner with development team in defining and designing target state architecture by combining knowledge of what the business wants with knowledge of how the systems are built.
- Assist in the design and implementation of solutions in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Build complex custom reports for end-user scenarios
- Serve as liaison between IT and business end-users; work with development team to ensure that they understand the specifications.
- Identify, assess, and document business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks and costs
- Ensure that requirements documentation can be easily be translated into test plans.
- Provide implementation support including testing of new tools / processes to ensure they meet the business requirements
Must have skills:
- 5-7 years data visualization tool experience-REQUIRED Tableau Desktop Certification a plus.
- College degree, or specialized training or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of Information Technology experience
- 5+ years Data Warehouse, Datamart experience
- 5+ years Business Intelligence tool experience (preferably SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop or Tableau)
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Experience writing complex SQL queries and performing detailed data analysis
- Experience in structured data mapping from multiple platforms/file structures
- Attention to detail and ability to assimilate fragmented facts into a detailed problem statement
- Ability to learn new tools and systems quickly
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Expert at writing detailed, actionable requirements and/or functional specifications
- Experienced with engaging application architects and development teams during the Design and Build phases to ensure that business requirements are being met
- Capable of reviewing project deliverables for quality and delivery assurance
- Proactive in learning the business processes, data flows, and systems functionality in order to support the technical team and provide guidance/advice to business partners
- Experience/understanding of business process re-engineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications
- Experience with software development methodologies, Agile a plus