3929 W John Carpenter Freeway Irving, TX 75063 | Contract
This minimally experienced System Engineer applies the principles of science and mathematics to assist in the development of effective solutions to engineering problems. Assists in planning project goals/methods, preparing patent applications, and conducting engineering presentations. Works under minimal supervision while receiving and following limited guidelines and instructions in the performance of all assigned tasks. Begins to develop, maintain, and upgrade automated test scripts and network architectures used during the evaluation of voice, data and wireless telecommunications networks. Achieved a good working knowledge of various types of test equipment under extreme load conditions in order to evaluate network functionality and effectiveness is required. With minimal guidance starts to write software scripts to automate network testing and applications used to maintain network integrity. Conducts engineering support and guidance for customers as required.
This position will be responsible for managing, monitoring, and maintaining a virtual hosted environment in the Microsoft Azure environment for production system reporting. And also followings;
- Acts as the final point of escalation and resolution for technical support.
- Provides advanced technical support to customers.
- Provides support via telephone, written correspondence, and electronic media.
- May act as technical lead and provide technical training, coaching, and mentoring to other engineers.
- May provide limited consulting to internal or external customers.
- May research technical documents and feature lists.
- MUST HAVE RECENT OR CURRENT AZURE EXPERIENCE
Required Skills & Experience;
- Must have AZURE experience – minimum 1 year
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Microsoft Client and Server technologies. Microsoft Certifications desired.
- TCP IP and Networking Core Concepts
- Windows Administration skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an IT troubleshooting role.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a customer service role.
- Previous experience as an IT Administrator would be an asset preferred
- Generalist knowledge of a broad range of information technologies would be an asset.
- Customer service soft skills training would be an asset.
- Experience and/or certification in Microsoft Azure would be an asset.
- Unix / Linux Admin Skills
- MySQL, PostGres SQL Admin Skills – all required
- Must technical writing of process documentation
Good To Have skills:
- Intermediate understanding of PowerShell with advanced knowledge of PowerShell scripting, modules, workflows and desired state configuration desired.
- Familiar with XML
- SQL 2008 / 2012 Admin Skills