Systems Engineer III
4205 River Green Parkway Duluth, GA 30096-2584 | Contract
System Engineer III
This position is responsible for implementation, Supporting and improving the voice enterprise solution for remote offices and data centers. It is also the 3rd level of support for any voice and collaboration support issues that arise. The working environment consists of broadly defined policies and specific objectives. Challenges present variable situations requiring analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and/or constructive thinking. The System Engineer III will be presented with broad, general business and architectural goals and must demonstrate a high degree of intuition in determining the best means to achieve those goals. Very few issues will be common or recurring. The position’s breadth of responsibility will expose the incumbent to a large variety of unique issues and challenges. The incumbent must demonstrate a strong ability to focus on primary objectives, analyze arguments, and clarify and determine the most constructive solution.
In addition, this position will assist the network architect with network designs and improvements.
- Develop enterprise-level technical-infrastructure solutions
- Provide expertise regarding implementation, administration, and maintenance of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connect, and Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX). The company voice environment includes more than one CUCM clusters
- Provide expertise in SIP Trunk configuration to and from different Cisco Collaboration Applications to other vendor’s PBX.
- Develop recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce cost/effort in managing corporate VoIP system and Video infrastructure
- Assist in the design of an overall architecture for the VoIP technical infrastructure
- Demonstrate expertise in one or more technical areas (VoIP, Telecommunications, Video Conference and some project management) and provide technical consulting on complex projects
- Apply industry-standard design, implementation and maintenance approaches, including requisite documentation
- Work closely with other team members to ensure that architectural requirements are properly defined, designed, implemented, and validated against the requirements
- Work closely with network manager to review high-level architecture goals and define a workable, phased-in plan for accomplishing design goals
- Keep Enterprise Voice solution documentation up to date.
- Participate as a team member and/or lead on assigned projects
- Provide detailed tasks, time estimates, and resource recommendations to the Project Lead for assigned projects
- Assume responsibility for assigned project modules and deliverables
- Works closely with vendors in the requisition, schedule and installation of data and voice circuits
- Facilitate and/or support the resolution of tier II and tier III tickets
- May work across teams and with vendors to identify and resolve complex issues
- With assistance of peers and other team member, monitor and analyze VoIP and Cisco Telepresence Video infrastructure
- Develop detailed usage metrics to ensure current infrastructure needs are being met and future needs are identified and addressed in a timely fashion
- Responsible for providing input and assisting with the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles and quality processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cico Unified Communications Manager Installation, Support and Troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of voice gateway deployment using MGCP, H323 and SIP Trunk
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco Unity Connect Installation, Support and Troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco Presence Installation, Support and Troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco jabber for windows, iPhone and iPad implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of traditional telephony circuits POTS and PRIs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advance troubleshooting of telephone call issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of Express Way Installation and Configuration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco Telepresence Video Conference
- Extreme attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work within a project management framework
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work with remote users and analysts at varying levels of knowledge
- Ability to work with senior management at varying levels of knowledge
- Ability to prioritize workloads in a fast paced and dynamic, changing work environment
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources at any given time
- Ability to work in a change management governed environment
- Ability to learn new technologies and applications in a short amount of time
- 7 + years’ experience implementing, monitoring, and maintaining VoIP technical infrastructure
- 7+ years installing, Supporting and troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- 7+ years installing, Supporting and troubleshooting Cisco Unity Connect
- 7+ years installing, Supporting and troubleshooting Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX)
- 10+ years installing, Supporting and troubleshooting Cisco Voice Gateways and configuring SIP Trunk or MGCP
- 4+ years installing, Supporting and troubleshooting Cisco Jabber for Windows, iPhone and iPad
- 1 + years’ experience installing, supporting and troubleshooting Cisco Telepresence video conference.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software design, management information systems, engineering or a related field and or relevant direct job experience
- Working knowledge of CUCM version 10.5 or newer version
- Working knowledge of Unity Connect 10.5 or newer version
- Working knowledge of UCCX Express
- Working knowledge of Express Way
- Ability to meet project deadlines while handling day to day support issues
- Ability to design, implement and train network solutions in projects and day to day maintenance
- 10+ years, specifically in Telecommunications and VoIP Implementations using Cisco products.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software design, management information systems, engineering or a related field
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP voice or higher