Systems Engineer I
4501 S Technology Dr Sioux Falls, SD 57106
• Under general direction, install, maintain, and configure various operating systems, servers, and software. This position does not program or analyze systems.
• Support Business Continuity and Contingency processes and tests
• Work directly with internal and external product providers and end user clients to conduct quality implementations, product deployments, and project deployments
• Partnering with the project implementation teams, external clients and third party vendors
• Acting as the secondary point of contact and liaison for issue troubleshooting and resolution related to application and system issues, facilitate coordination efforts between internal and external groups and clients to resolve issues
• Evaluates application and system specifications and installation parameters
• Assists in the development of tools to manage applications, systems, and services
• Under general direction, researches and resolves client problems and needs for Precision outsourced clients
• Complete application version upgrades for hosted applications in Citrix
• Thoroughly track, organize, and document all application implementation and support related activities in an online support system and project management application
• Documents problems and corrective procedures
• Simulates or recreates client and end-user problems in support of resolution plan
• Serve as information resource and liaison to other segments; participate from strategic, operational, technical and functional perspectives
• Ability to recommend and implement process improvements
• Attends on-going training to achieve level of technical skill needed to solve more complex problems.
• Usually the second point of contact through telephone support including an on-call rotation
• Travel may be required
• Perform other duties as required.
- Requires two to five years IBM Windows administration or related experience.
- Prior experience in one or more of the following is advantageous but not required: Citrix and shell scripting.
- Education: A Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management of Information Systems or equivalent education in a related discipline. Related work experience may be substituted for educational requirement
- Certifications: none
- Minimum # years’ experience required: 2
- Type of work experience required: Prior experience in one or more of the following: Citrix,, Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Active Directory, and scripting.