Systems Administrator Lead IV
Chicago, IL | Contract
Position Purpose: We are seeking a talented Lead MSBI developer in Data Management and Architecture to join our Insurance Solutions team. This position requires strong hands on experience in SQL, SSIS, SSRS and ETL development and support and involvement in large data management & reporting activities for an Insurance client.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Engage with Business users to gather requirements and translate requirements into data conversion mappings, batch processing, design ETL Architecture, DB Structures, reports, views and BI query objects.
- Develop ETL using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) from heterogeneous data sources utilizing strong understanding of source and target data structures, ETL processes and Data warehouse schemas.
- Develop complex batch solutions using T-SQL/ PL-SQL
- Well versed with new MSBI technologies to support dynamic and intelligent solutions.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of hands on development experience in creating MSBI & Reporting solutions on the Microsoft SQL Server Platform and strong hands-on SQL queries.
- Real time development experience in T-SQL/ PL-SQL. Must have strong hands on experience in building complex SQL Stored procedures, views.
- Must have strong hands on experience in building high scalable SSIS and SSRS packages.
- Must have strong hands on experience in working on large-scale database architectures including Conversions and Migrations
- Strong hands on experience on SQL Server 2012/2014 especially T-SQL, ETL, conversions, Reporting etc.
- Strong hands on experience in SSRS reports, SSAS, Cubes, MDX queries.
- Strong query optimization and performance experience, Troubleshooting BI tool problem, Performance tuning.
- Experienced in new technology research and implementation.
- Strong communication skills with Customer facing experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with strong business sense
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications is a must.
- Mature, confident team player motivated by a fast paced environment.
- Good to have Warranty Insurance domain knowledge
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and motivational skills. Must be focused with the ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to logically identify and resolve issues using root cause analysis.
- Proven track record of producing high quality deliverable against plans and schedules that are being met consistently.
- Quick learner, eager to leverage new technologies in a dynamic team environment.