Storage Systems Engineer II
Atlanta, GA 30328 | Contract
The Storage Engineer is responsible for maintaining an enterprise storage environment. A strong team player, the Storage Engineer uses best-practice methods to ensure that the storage area network is managed and administered to meet or exceed the needs of the business. The Storage Engineer also collaborates with team members, colleagues and customers to design appropriate solutions for new initiatives that require enterprise storage services.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Information Systems, equivalent certification or experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience designing, implementing, and managing enterprise storage networks and backup systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of storage area networks and backup systems, especially EMC VMAX, EMC RecoverPoint, NetApp, Symantec NetBackup, and Data Domain.
- Familiarity with the evolving trends regarding enterprise data storage, management, protection and optimization.
- Experience designing, implementing, managing and protecting enterprise data in virtualized hardware environments (VMWare, RHEV and others).
- Experience with integrating Microsoft Windows and Linux servers with enterprise storage systems using fibre-channel, CIFS and NFS.
- Experience with storage and networking protocols, including fibre-channel, fibre-channel-over-Ethernet (FCoE), and TCP/IP.
- Experience designing, implementing, managing and protecting storage devices for Oracle RAC/ASM and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Netapp, EMC, and other heterogeneous storage technologies.
- Experience with Netbackup in an enterprise backup environment using Automated Image Replication.
- Experience working in enterprise environments that employ ITIL standards for IT service management.
- Technical documentation skills, including the use of Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Design, deploy, provision, and maintain enterprise storage and backup solutions, and resources.
- Perform storage related upgrades, and apply patches needed to ensure a healthy and supportable infrastructure.
- Follow established processes to ensure that issues are resolved and work is performed according to operational standards.
- Consult with customers, peers and managers to evaluate and understand business requirements.
- Document, diagram, and report storage related implementations and utilization.
- Continually maintain and increase knowledge and proficiency of storage networks, systems and data protection related technologies.
- Support team leads, architects and managers to deliver comprehensive design, planning and cost proposals that meet or exceed business requirements.
- Collaborate with team members, colleagues, consultants and vendors to resolve errors and issues that occur in an enterprise environment.
- Troubleshoot and assist others with root cause analysis and reporting.
- Work independently as a technical resource assigned to a project or group of projects.
- Provide clear, concise and timely accounting of work efforts and status of tasks.
- Provide on-call support of storage systems, as needed by the business, to 24x7 critical infrastructure operations.
- Other related duties as required and/or requested by management.