Sr. Systems Engineer
400 Northridge Road Suite 1200 Atlanta, GA 30350 | Direct Hire
Sr. Systems Engineer
Our client is seeking a Sr Systems Engineer to join our IT team. This position will be responsible for ensuring near 100% service uptime, implementing systems, maintaining our high security environment (including PCI/DSS), managing systems at multiple co-location data centers, and working with related tools. This position is critical to our success and requires a highly motivated individual with strong technical skills.
- Focus will be to protect mission critical systems, services, applications and infrastructure
- Proactively monitor systems to ensure optimal performance
- Provide technical expertise on projects for resolution of high priority/high visibility production incidents
- Research and development of new and emerging system level best practices
- Provide infrastructure vision, enable innovation and leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the firm’ s requirements and expectations
- Must be able to work closely with other team members
- Availability for delivery of 24/7 service operations
- Analyze system trends and ensure effectiveness
- Work within and maintain high security environment, including PCI/DSS
- 5+ years of experience with highly virtualized environments, specifically VMWare enterprise, Linux (CentOS) and Storage
- Experience in large scale database driven environments, specifically MySQL.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem resolution
- An understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable
- Persuasive, professional communication style. Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities
- Functional understanding of project management principles and their application to infrastructure projects and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems
- Must have strong multi-tasking capabilities and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience with PCI/DSS compliance standards
- Experience with monitoring tools, specifically Nagios
- Knowledge of Java and Python and other scripting languages
- System Auditing, Logging and Integrity monitoring services (native and 3rd party)
- Knowledge of Katello, Puppet, and Ansible
- Understanding and knowledge of System Management Tools (ie, OpManage, Nagios)
- In-Depth Knowledge of Load Balancers (A10, F5, Citrix)