Sr. Software Engineer
2801 Network Blvd Suite 500 Frisco, TX 75034 | Direct Hire
SUMMARY OF ROLE: Full-Stack Software Engineer with team project lead responsibilities. Responsible for coordinating software coding-related activities, implementing software engineering best practices, ensuring software meets organizational and industry standards, mentoring software engineering team members, implementing full-stack software, and assisting the Director of Software Engineering in setting priorities and meeting engineering project schedules.
• Designs and develops new application components and services (including prototypes and concepts);
• Executes and delivers on product specifications, platform design, and service integrations;
• Participates with team members to determine technical requirements and effort/story point estimations;
• Assists in testing/validation efforts and delivery of quality code;
• Collaborates with team members on setting/implementing effective coding standards;
• Back end development experience with Microservices/SOA architecture and best practices using Java Sprint Boot (Preferred), Docker and/or Kubernetes
• Experience creating and/or integrating REST APIs, services, and API authentication schemes (e.g. OAuth)
• Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL technologies
• Experience creating and implementing clear and concise coding standards and guidelines
• Experience working effectively with remote teams
• Experience working with Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket or Git equivalent
• Familiarity and working practice of Agile Scrum development methodology
• Experience with unit and integration testing systems
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate complex technology concepts to nontechnologists
• Expertise with development leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies, e.g. Cognito, EC2, S3, Containers, CI/CD, etc.
• Experience with other cloud technologies (Google Cloud and MS Azure) is a plus.
• Familiarity with mobile application development
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
• 8 years of experience in an agile, performance-oriented, software engineering environment
• Minimum 1 year of serving as a team lead for a software engineering team
• Minimum 5 years of experience with:
• 5 years of experience programming with at least one backend framework (Spring)
• 3 years of experience with Linux system administration and comfortable with the command line
• 5 years of experience with web and web application servers (Apache, etc.)
• 5 years of experience with source control management systems (Git preferred)
• 5 years of experience deploying creating continuous deployment systems (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI)