Sr. Software Analyst
5465 Legacy Drive Suite 30 Plano, TX 75024
Our client is looking for a Sr. Software Analyst to join their Solutions Engineering team to perform software analysis, requirements engineering, project management, and technical writing for the new features and enhancements to our industry-leading software products.
In this role, you will be on a passionate, dedicated software development team, helping to build innovative Loyalty+CRM software products. This is a tight-knit team with top-performers that are constantly innovating and expanding the capabilities of our software, while maintaining process and writing clean code. It is a fun and driven team that often explores modern technologies. The team is looking for a Sr Software Analyst to help facilitate the development process and work on highly visible strategic priorities. Your work will directly influence software for some of the most revolutionary ideas in customer loyalty!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders, end-users, and team members for new product features and enhancements.
- Analyze and address requirement gaps to ensure business and technology teams have a mutual understanding of the requested product features or enhancements.
- Create scopes, business requirements, and functional specification documentation for new product features and enhancements using a combination of tools including Atlassian Confluence and Jira.
- Consult on the creation and maintenance of product road map.
- Assist with Level of Effort estimation exercises.
- Assist with sprint planning.
- Assist with communications to stakeholders to manage expectations.
- Perform impact analysis for new features, enhancements, and change requests.
- Become an expert in product functionality and offerings.
- Help guide the team’ s process evolution to improve the team’ s efficiency and quality of deliverables.
- Help communicate and collect feedback from user community regarding product capabilities.
- Help perform competitive analysis.
- Assist in creating and maintaining product end-user and developer documentation.
- Assist in creating and maintaining training curriculum.
- Assist with quality assurance and testing efforts for releases. Work with QA team members to ensure appropriate test coverage is provided.
- Assist with the creation of marketing collateral.
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least five (5) years or more as a Software Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, or related position, with significant experience working on complex technology solutions, ideally in the marketing industry with focus on Customer Loyalty and/or CRM.
- Strong requirements engineering (elicitation, gathering, analysis, and documentation) skills.
- Proficient with various requirement modeling techniques including use cases, user stories, process flows, swim lanes, wireframes, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc. Solid understanding of the several types of information categories needed to craft excellent requirements documentation.
- Experience leading and performing level of effort estimations.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to decompose complex business and technical concepts into concise, unambiguous communications, in both written and verbal forms.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Extensive experience working with SDLC methodologies; both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Conceptual understanding of relational databases with basic SQL query capabilities.
- Conceptual understanding of technology stack for enterprise systems.
- Understanding of time management skills and correct use of resources.
- Ability to manage multiple activities/projects at once.
- Comfortable collaborating with product development team members and business stakeholders.
- Comfortable leading and facilitating requirements gathering sessions.
- Knowledge of project management tools/methodologies.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of desktop applications (MS-Office, MS-Project, and Visio, Word, Excel)
- Self-starter who can achieve goals based on direction and requires minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’ s level degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
Ideal Experience and Skills
- Experience using Atlassian Jira.
- Experience working as an analyst on a software product that has multiple end-user groups.
- Experience working as an analyst on marketing-related software products.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS solutions.
- Experience with requirements engineering for SOAP and REST APIs.
- Able to perform QA duties, when necessary, including UAT, Functional Testing, etc.
- Experience performing competitive analysis.
Candidates must provide writing samples which ideally include some form of requirements visualization diagram.