Sr. Network Engineer
3003 Summit Boulevard Atlanta, GA 30319
Network Engineer - Cisco Nexus & F5
Fulltime role in Atlanta, GA (Perimeter)
- Follow team processes and guidelines including change control, work packages and scheduling maintenance.
- 24x7 On-call support.
- Perform scheduled network maintenance work during the off hours maintenance windows.
- Troubleshoot all network outages or problems. Offer technical guidance and be a mentor to members of the network group.
- Capacity planning and monitoring of all network infrastructures, devices and data circuits.
- Work with other departments and teams to assist and support them with network infrastructure projects, initiatives and needs.
- Advise the network manager on network infrastructure, process or technology improvements in an effort to maintain maximum network availability and efficiency. Improve the architecture of the network infrastructure while scaling for future growth.
- Research and implement new technologies to improve and grow the network infrastructure.
- A strong background in Cisco networking technologies with a minimum of 5 years
- CCNA certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to work network outages.
- Strong knowledge of network design and routing to architect new network solutions across LAN and WAN.
- Experience and knowledge of production data center environments. A focus on maintaining maximum network uptime.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco routing and switching technologies, configurations and protocols.
- Especially with the Cisco Nexus and ACI product lines.
- Knowledge of the Cisco ACI technology and configurations.
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure and technologies including AWS Direct Connect.
- Knowledge of WAN technologies including MPLS and SDWAN.
- Advanced knowledge of dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
- Advanced knowledge of global and server load balancing. Specifically the F5 Networks product line of BigIP, GTM and BigIQ. This includes knowledge of the F5 Viprion product line.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and how VMWare interacts with the network.
- Strong knowledge of firewalls including Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper and Checkpoint.
- Knowledge of network device monitoring and capacity planning as pertains to production and corporate environments. This includes technologies such as SolarWinds, NetBrain, Cisco Prime and Netflow.
- Knowledge of VPN technologies such as LAN2LAN VPN as well as client VPN technologies specifically Cisco’ s VPN Concentrator.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP.