Sr. Java Developer - Integrations
3100 Windy Hill Road. Atlanta, GA 30339
IT Senior Developer, RPM Integrations
The ideal Senior Software Developer displays a Devops thought culture, an Agile mentality, and technology leadership in the area of custom Java/J2EE development, focusing on developing and delivering high quality enterprise applications, both as an individual contributor and as a part of a development team. He/she is responsible for creating clear and maintainable designs and code as well as reviewing the code and designs of team members and correcting if necessary. The Senior Software Developer is expected to participate in iterative design and architecture discussions alongside a Technical Architect or Technical Delivery Lead (TDL), and to actively participate in estimation, task definition, implementation efforts and status updates.
He/she is also expected to shepherd code through the development process and lead the efforts of automated unit and integration testing and deployment to production environments using CI/CD. The Senior Software Developer will be leading or participating in on-site project teams. This role requires excellent hands-on technical skills in Java/J2EE architecture and development. This role will work closely with key departmental, management and project stakeholders across the organization. Therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is a key priority in this role.
- Develop JAVA code for Retail Store Systems in an Agile Development Environment
- Design and implement software solutions to meet functional requirements
- Participate in design reviews and architecture discussions and ensure technical soundness of solutions provided.
- Lead and Mentor other Engineers and Team Members on development best practices
- Improve the productivity of the development processes
- Part of a development team responsible for production retail store systems, which includes monthly on call rotation
- Communicate and collaborate with management and external teams regarding development activities
- Enforce coding standards & perform code reviews to assist team members and ensure quality software
- Troubleshoot and debug applications and provide fixes in a timely manner
- Produce and maintain technical documentation
- BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years developing Java/J2EE applications.
- Experience in designing and developing software products using Microservices.
- Minimum Proficiency in SQL / PL SQL query writing
- Experience and proficiency with Spring Boot
- Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Full understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- CI/CD Pipelines, Kubernetes Orchestration, Cloud Deploys is a plus
- Experience with JBehave, Selenium, Cucumber
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms (LINUX, Windows) or languages
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, and Product Personnel
- Linux Shell Scripting, Python, Perl or similar
- Experience with XML related technologies including JSON Payloads & REST
- Good understanding and experience in relational & NoSQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MongoDB, and Cassandra)
- Experience in integrating J2EE applications with legacy systems.
- Knowledge of popular open source frameworks
- Experience in security systems and frameworks (JAAS, LDAP, OAuth2)
- Full understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services
- System architecture and development experience in a high transaction/high availability systems
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies, to work independently and in a team