Sr. Infrastructure Architect
Frisco, TX 75035 | Contract
The Senior Infrastructure Architect (Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect) will maintain ownership of the strategic direction and roadmaps related to our Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) architecture. This role will also participate in, support, and direct the engineering efforts for both the customer facing and infrastructure technologies as well as mentor, train, and lead fellow team members and peers through design and implementation decisions to achieve balance between strategic design and tactical needs.
Initial projects will include porting legacy systems to the Cloud followed by an initial release of those same systems after they have been significantly enhanced both in terms of technology stack and functionality.
- Design and implement architectural roadmaps regarding our Cloud based systems.
- Develop and implement internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
- Recommend architecture to meet business requirements
- Design and maintain the customer facing and corporate global data center technologies with a focus on our Cloud based systems.
- Design, implement, and maintain server, storage, network, and security infrastructure
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture
- Create and implement automation for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting purposes
- Ensure all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- Troubleshoot production issues and respond to after-hours escalations
- Verify and resolve configuration and other non-software related issues
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer information sciences or related focus
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of infrastructure experience in Enterprise Infrastructure design and implementation.
- Expertise in storage design for high availability and disaster recovery
- Expertise in Web applications/middleware (Jboss, WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, Nginx) and databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Expertise in network architecture, including load-balancing, DNS, BGP, IPSec VPNs, and active-active/multi-homed data centers
- Expertise in security best practices and use of firewalls, IPS/IDS, encryption, and incident response
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Expertise in Linux operating systems (Red Hat)
- Expertise in Windows operating systems
- Expertise in virtualization technology such as VMware
- Design, implement, and support system monitoring infrastructure
- Participate in and evaluate proof-of-concepts for server, storage, network, and security technologies to support the cloud infrastructure
- Experience with information systems in a 24/7, “ real-time” environment
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
- A drive for results and customer focus
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Must be flexible with a “ can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, MS Project and MS Visio
- Certifications related to the above
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent progressive experience preferred.
- Certifications would be considered a plus