Sr. Data Analyst
2002 Summit Blvd Atlanta, GA 30319 | Contract
As a Sr. Data Analyst supporting Enterprise Platforms, and as an Agile team member, you will be responsible for the delivery of strategic, cloud based, analytics data solutions. This role, in partnership with counterpart technology teams, is accountable for the design, development, quality, support, and adoption of production grade data and analytics solutions. Superior communication and interpersonal skills, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are keys to this position. A successful Analyst is one who can build strong partnerships with our business and technology counterparts, efficiently ascertain the patterns (expected results and anomalies) within large datasets, and
thrives as a collaborative member of an Agile (Scrum) team.
Technology Stack: AWS (data processing and data repository) and SFDC Einstein Analytics (visualization and presentation). Primary services leveraged within AWS are S3, EMR (Python), EC2, RDS (Oracle), Lambda, Athena, and Redshift.
1. In partnership with Product Owner and as a member of a Scrum team, deliver analytics solutions, including collecting data from providers, building transformations and integrations, persisting within repositories, and distributing to consuming systems
2. Evaluate data content of source systems and advise development team on content, keys, data relationships, data grain, and known issues. Confirm sources are correctly ingested into the analytics repository.
3. Evaluate transformed data sets for correctness: quantify issues and communicate anomalies to the Product Owner and development team. Once completed, validate code changes have addressed anomalies.
4. Understand capabilities and limitations of downstream reporting applications, and advise development team on usage scenarios. Confirm downstream applications are being correctly populated by the analytics repository.
5. Contribute to end user change management, including training and creation of artifacts for use post go-live
6. Proactively identify, communicate, and resolve issues and risks that interfere with delivery commitments
7. Partner with application, platform and technology teams to develop maintainable solutions, operationalize support activities and ensure the defined service level objectives are met post go-live
8. Participate in requirements-gathering and definition of processes, including source system data discovery
9. Rapid response and cross-functional work to resolve technical, procedural, and operational issues
1. A minimum of 5 years of experience delivering analytics, reporting or business intelligence solutions
2. A minimum of 3 years of experience performing data analysis (e.g., proficient profiling data sets for anomalies, outliers, exceptions, and synthesizing findings into coherent story for business partners).
3. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
4. Proficient in SQL
5. Proficient in at least one Business Analytics tool (e.g., SFDC Wave Analytics, OBIEE, Tableau, Business Objects)
6. Desired: Experience with AWS, especially S3, SNS, Lambda, Athena, and Redshift
7. Desired: Experience with Financial Reporting systems
8. Desired: Experience working on Agile teams (Scrum)
9. Desired: Experience working in Big Data environments (Hadoop, MPP databases, NoSQL)
1. Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering