Sr. Benefits Analyst
10 Glenlake Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30328
- Track and analyze benefits data to determine costs & effectiveness of programs
- Benchmark best practice, trends and regulatory changes
- Assist Sr. Benefits Manager in evaluating and costing program changes
- Assist Sr. Benefits Manager in implementing new benefit programs
- Oversee benefit enrollment, COBRA, and beneficiary changes
- Manage Benefits Self Service portal within HRIS System
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings
- Partner with payroll to ensure pass through files are accurate
- Support assessment of vendor services relative to Services Agreements
- Ensure benefit plans are set up correctly in HRIS system according to plan provisions and company’ s regulatory guidelines.
- Verify validity of coverage change requests under Section 125 of IRS Code and plan documents.
- Educate field Human Resources staff and employees on benefits programs, policies and procedures within the HRIS system.
- Oversee loading of file interfacing between vendors and company
- Run daily, weekly, and monthly reports to audit employee benefit elections.
- Resolve variance discrepancies
- Prepare renewal information by providing basic data and renewal history; obtain renewal rates from carrier, including any plan design alternatives and commission changes.
- Work with HRIS and IT staff to ensure HRIS system meets benefits needs and is updated to reflect changes to rates, plans, and life events.
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Additional courses or seminars related to US benefits.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years in benefits or related benefits administration.
- Experience working in Excel and Word
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- High sense of urgency and ability to work under limited supervision
- Knowledge of self-insured health & welfare benefits financing
- Experience working through an open enrollment or annual renewal benefits cycle
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act in a professional manner
- Experience within a health care, health and welfare consulting, insurance brokerage, human resources consulting, or employee benefits related industry
- Related exposure to Benefits Administration, COBRA, Spending Accounts, HRIS, and/or Payroll environments
- Large project management and process improvement experience
- Experience with Workday