555 Dividend Drive Coppell, TX 75019 | Direct Hire
This position reports to the Fixed Assets Manager and is responsible for fixed asset accounting, monthly close duties, balance sheet and P&L analysis, account reconciliations, audit support and other projects as assigned.
• Execute established system of procedures and internal controls to accurately record the acquisition, changes, and disposition of Client’ s fixed assets.
• Assist in implementation of new FASB lease standards (e.g. ASC 842).
• Analyze General Ledger accounts, reports, financials statements and assist in month-end close work.
• Communicate effectively with internal customers and internal/external auditors to answer questions and provide guidance related to fixed assets.
• Assist with both internal and external audit.
• Prepare monthly various internal financial reports for presentation to Finance leadership.
• Prepare/Assist in completing account reconciliations on a monthly basis by deadline.
• Coordinate with the off shore Shared Services Team for accounting, reporting, and financial close matters.
• Assist with special projects on as needed basis.
• Bachelor’ s of Science Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• 5 years experience in the accounting field.
• Intermediate proficiency level in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with an ERP system like PeopleSoft, Oracle, or SAP.
• Experience in a publicly traded company.
• CPA certified or Masters degree in accounting a plus.
• PeopleSoft 9.0 or similar accounting system.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledgeable of the accepted accounting principles (FASB & GAAP).
• Experience with financial statement preparation for a multi-entity organization, month-end, journal entries and solid analysis experience.
• Exposure to budgeting and account reconciliations. Experience working with a fully integrated accounting system preferred.
• Experience engaging in process improvement initiatives.
• Experience improving the company’ s internal controls.
• Experience with GL operations and reporting chart of accounts, account reconciliation and analysis and internal financial reporting.
• Experience with Shared Services / off shore model.