Sr. .Net Developer- 29406
3929 W John Carpenter Freeway Irving, TX 75063 | Contract To Hire
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will work closely with business analysts, data architects, team leads and senior engineers as well as the client in an agile environment proposing and establishing guidelines surrounding software development.
- Leads efforts to define and maintain quality software architecture by developing and documenting high-level designs and software solutions that meet product requirements and promote software maintainability, software reuse, scalability, performance, etc.
- Works closely with the development, product management and quality assurance teams to ensure consistent execution of all development activities related to implementation of software solutions.
- Works with the client to understand the business needs and works toward designing and implementing software solutions to satisfy this business need.
- Responsible for design and development of new innovative software and/or extensive software revisions to products within the retail solutions domain.
- Defines software product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with new and existing systems/platforms.
- Evaluates and designs a broad range of complex application solutions for our customers.
- Possesses in-depth conceptual knowledge and technical expertise in several areas or disciplines.
- Applies best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve solutions or services.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to both standard and non-standard requests and issues.
- Is able to explain difficult issues and works to build consensus.
- Solves complex problems using new perspectives.
- Serves as a mentor for colleagues with less experience.
- Is able to make decisions within guidelines and policies.
- Is accountable for small to medium projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Monitors and controls effort for small to medium projects.
- May direct the work of onshore and offshore staff members.
In this role, the person will analyze, design and program for software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. Will write code using current programming language and technologies and perform testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
This will involve work with a team of developers, business analyst, product owners and client in an agile environment to gather requirements, code, test and deploy in a timely manner. Needs fast and accurate responses with a great attitude and being comfortable with working in a very fast paced IT development team.
- 50 % Development, coding, testing and integration
- 20 % Product architecture
- 20 % Documentation, training and support
- 10 % Requirement capture and analysis
Must Have Requirements
- Strong programming knowledge in fluency in C# experience and solid understanding of OOP concepts; experience with current .NET 3.5/4.0 technologies such as WPF, WCF, WF, and LINQ.
- Current experience: 5 + years of experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and 6+ years in C#/.NET.
- Experience creating Web services and/or Windows services, experienced in database technologies and other data formats like XML, XSLT, JSON.
- Good working knowledge of one or more databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL), including SQL queries, stored procedures, and views.
- Experience with ADO.NET, Entity Framework, LINQ, Windows Forms, has worked in Team Foundation Server (TFS) or similar source control system.
- Needs to be well versed in Agile methodologies and have at least 4+ years of experience working on Agile projects.
- Exposure to design patterns, unit testing, source code control and Agile development methods
- Strong technical documentation ability
- Strong verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based development projects
- Must be adaptable to constant change
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- MUST HAVE STRONG TECHNICAL SKILLS RELEVANT TO ABOVE REQUIREMENTS
- XML (documents, translation, and development in .NET)
- Experience creating Web services and/or Windows services, experienced in database technologies and other data formats like XML, XSLT, JSON
- Good to have: Microsoft Composite Application Block (CAB), Model-View-Controller (MVC) Pattern, ASP.NET, Knowledge of HTTP, TCP/IP protocols, HTML
- 5 + years of experience of software development in a retail environment (including POS, POS devices like scanners, printers, credit, debit, prepaid, EMV, RFID etc.).
- Prefer person having experience of software development in a retail environment (including POS, POS devices like scanners, printers, credit, debit, prepaid, EMV, RFID etc.).
- Would be nice for the person to have some experience working in C++.