Sr User Interface Engineer
3400 new hyde park rd New Hyde Park, NY 11042 | Contract To Hire
- Contribute to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Build software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
- Understand technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Perform trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Work with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommend viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Foresee capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Provide input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 3-5 years of working experience
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Working experience with appropriate database technology