Sr Systems Engineer
120 Bluegrass Valley Parkway Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 | Direct Hire
This position performs operation and implementation of computer systems, ensures that all operational systems, databases, workflow processes, job schedules and networks are working properly and accessible to authorized personnel. Tasks will include the implementation, administration, support and monitoring of hardware, servers, systems and processes. Continuous improvement is important of processes, procedures, policies and documentation. Qualified candidates must be willing to share knowledge and accept recommendations from all levels, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, provide top-notch customer service to internal or external stakeholders, and work well independently or on a team.
- Consistently works to enhance system performance and systems availability.
- Develop, maintain, and support technical infrastructure.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Work on mid-large sized projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with various IT team members.
- Assists in coordination of support from vendors when systems experience problems.
- Provides 24x7 hardware and software support for infrastructure components.
- Participate in the identification of vulnerabilities and their mitigation.
- Document all software/hardware changes/updates according to standards/procedures
- 5 years experience in system engineering and IT support required
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field preferred
- StrongexperiencewithVMwareESXi 5.5 6.5 with Win 2008R2, 2012R2 and 2016 guest OS
- ExperiencewithVMwarevSphere 6 HA clusters with load balanced shared storage
- Experience with Active Directory and 0365
- Build and maintenance of Windows based physical and virtual servers (VMWare)
- Knowledgeable on DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, IPS, basic routing/switching
- Experience with Server OS 2008R2, 2012R2 and 2016
- Strong analytical skills and ability to trouble shoot
- Experience with Powershell scripts
- Excellent communication skills