Sr Software Engineer
5700 Broadmoor Suite 900 Mission, KS 66202 | Contract
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing complex applications and backend services. The Senior Software Engineer must have a strong focus and understanding of .NET. To be successful in the role of Senior Software Engineer, you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced agile environment. This position requires strong leadership, design, and communication skills to effectively work with management, team members and business contacts.
- Design, document and develop new programs or maintain existing programs based on specifications
- Act as technical resource for an agile scrum team and actively participate in the project planning, sprint planning, daily scrum, and sprint review.
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
- Be pragmatic about what we’ re testing
- For the assigned applications, functional areas or projects:
- Develop and maintain thorough system knowledge
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Facilitate functional test planning and testing
- Work with the team to maintain system quality
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise, best practices, newer frameworks, and patterns related to all technologies (Backend + Frontend)
- Mentor other Software Engineers through the software development process
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in C#
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience developing software in Agile environment
- What We Look For:
- Someone who’ s passionate about and stays on the cutting edge of emerging .NET technologies
- Experience building clean, well defined, backend services that scale to an ever increasing user and workload demand
Good working knowledge of:
- Messaging infrastructures
- Asynchronous communications
- Multi-threaded application development
- Clustering technologies
- Willingness to test as much of the core functionality of our app as possible
- Experience consuming and creating web services in a .NET environment.
- Experience building and implementing scalable applications that use modern design patterns and practices
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual.
- Must be an effective communicator
- Willingness to mentor other Software Engineers
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience