Sr Software Engineer
1 Howard St Burlington, VT 05401 | Direct Hire
As a Software Engineer you will write and maintain code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
- Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Control system design practice within an enterprise or industry architecture.
- Influence industry-based models for the development of new technology applications.
- Develop effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs.
- Ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices.
- Establish standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them.
- Manage application enhancements to improve business performance.
Technologies we use:
- Amazon: AWS SDK, with emphasis on deploying solutions in EMR, Elastic Beanstalk, ElastiCache, S3, and AWS cloud-native architectures
- Devops Tools: NewRelic, Sumo, Jenkins, InfluxDB, Grafana, PagerDuty
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 5– 8 years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems