Sr Python Developer
3400 new hyde park rd New Hyde Park, NY 11042 | Contract
As a Software Engineer, you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. You will architect, design and develop robust software systems with unit and systems testing. You will need to be able to quickly learn and use new technologies, troubleshoot difficult problems and be an expert with the software lifecycle including scoping and estimation of requirements along with writing of technical documentation.
- Software development, preferably in Agile Framework
- Coordinates work with business, team members and other teams
- Communication with management and other teams
- Reporting of status and risks
- Working effectively with internal partners
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced peers
- Works under minimal supervision
- Provided with assignments and objectives and given wide latitude for independent judgment
- Can be relied on to meet deadlines with high quality deliverables
- Self-Starter with 3-7 years of total experience in object-oriented web development (OOD).
- Experience with: 2+ years of experience with Python, 2+ years with Django and/or DRF. Must have web development experience.
- Experience with both UI and backend development including using one ORM technology
- Experience writing automated unit and integration test cases.
- Understanding Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Knowledge on Oracle is a plus.
- Experience with development work on Linux and Apache is a plus
- Experience using development tools include source control (Git), IDEs, and defect tracking tools is a plus.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies is essential.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping, XML web services is a plus.
- Experience with DataPower is a plus.