Sr Project Manager (Salesforce)
2 Concourse Pkwy Suite 800 Sandy Springs, GA 30328 | Contract
Sr Project Manager
Salesforce Implementation and Integration
Role Specific Job Functions:
- Experience: MINIMUM 7 years of full time Project Management experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Salesforce Implementations and Integrations
- Skilled manager of IT centric projects
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies / Continuous Delivery
- Proven track record managing complex, high profile, multi million dollar initiatives with remote matrix teams.
- Experiencing managing projects from initiation through execution/implementation and warranty.
- Executive facing position with ability to assist in development of strategic initiatives with stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent multi tasking skills.
- SDLC experience is a must. Experience managing “ soup to nuts” on full Project Life Cycle from initial scope statements, requirements gathering, design, development, test, and implementation. Including network and infrastructure build out for implementations.
- Experience with Business Process Change and working with Business Readiness Project Managers is also required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Risk Management and Issue Management
- Detailed project planning (MS Project / CA Workbench) is required
- Excellent planning skills, including mentoring project leads, creating work breakdown structures, driving out detailed estimates, resource assignment, and identification of critical path, resource constraints, and key project milestones.
- High level of people management – someone who can walk the fine line between being a people person while also driving the project schedule.
- Self starter.
- Will be expected to manage projects that span multiple groups and time zones. PM should be able to learn fast and build up knowledge areas.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Strong Change Management, Business Readiness, and Technical Readiness capabilities required – projects cannot fail because Technical Operations or Business Operations cannot support/were not prepared for the product
- Strong commitment management skills: Ability to guide team members to make commitments and the ability to hold them accountable for keeping them once made