Sr DevOps Engineer
3003 Summit Boulevard Atlanta, GA 30319 | Direct Hire
This Sr. DevOps Engineer position is responsible for the implementation of DevOps capabilities across a group of development teams. You will work directly with teams that acquire, create, maintain, and administer data assets which are critical to our enterprise. This position also plays a role in Agile planning, provides advice and guidance, and monitors emerging technologies. You will own the development of continuous integration, delivery, and deployment pipelines and quality monitoring tools that increase the pace of change, whilst protecting service and increasing business value.
- Contribute to and maintain the integrity of solutions.
- Recommend improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Implement and optimize data solutions in enterprise data warehouses and big data repositories, focusing primarily on movement to the cloud.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain
- Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems.
- Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value.
- Shape actionable items for the data services engineering team to solve those real-world problems.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Provide mentorship to the team.
- Experience with building native AWS applications
- Git or general version control experience
- Working experience of scripting and configuration tools
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
- Eager to dig into problems and bring proposed solutions to group discussion
- Open to feedback and able to creatively adapt multiple ideas into a solution
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Technical writing including high and low level diagramming techniques
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Exposure to Agile/SAFE methodologies.
- Experience with Data Modeling and data concepts (SQL, NoSQL, Normalization)
- Experience with event frameworks (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ etc.)
- Working experience of statistics and how they apply to operational metrics