Sr BI Developer
4500 Cherry Creek S Dr Denver, CO 80246 | Contract To Hire
Role: Sr Business Objects Report Developer
Involved in all stages of system development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, development and deployment of reports and applications. Possesses a broad range of technical skills including a high proficiency in SQL, an understanding of ETL processes and experience with SAP Business Objects and MS SQL Server Reporting Studio.
Required to be proactive, a self-starter, have a strong attention to detail, and able to maintain a good relationship with both business partners and technology stakeholders. While the primary focus is ensuring that the design and development of systems meet the current needs of the business. There is an opportunity to influence strategy around report capabilities while working with modern Business Intelligence tools.
Additionally, the Senior BI Report Developer is expected to act as the technical lead on individual development efforts/projects. In this capacity, the Senior BI Developer may manage staff or contract resources and act as the point of contact for project management and project stakeholders.
Estimated Percentage of Time Dedicated to Responsibilities
Actively participates in System design to understand reporting impacts and dependencies relative to -application updates and production support activities.
Responsible for Application report design, prototyping, development, initiating UAT, implementing updates from UAT feedback and deployment of reports according to Enterprise Reporting team procedures and standards.
Provides technical production support and troubleshooting of reporting related issues
Provides training and guidance to developers and contractors to assist with Application Reporting efforts.
Communicates to ensure information is provided to business stakeholders in a timely and transparent fashion.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
Education: Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
Experience: Typically has 8+ years of IT and business work experience in the financial services, with insurance or reinsurance industry experience desired. Experience should include managing and working with team(s) in reporting initiatives
Breadth: Has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing and improving production reporting environments, report design, and software design/deployment processes and procedures. Has the ability to create and execute project plans within allotted budget and timelines.
Desirable knowledge, skills and abilities
- Insurance, Reinsurance, or other Financial Services exposure
- Solution-driven and goal-oriented professional
- Experienced in leading team efforts as well as independent accomplishments
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to quickly adapt to new technologies and processes
- Articulate and able to effectively communicate with both technical and business associates
- Flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Extensive data analysis knowledge and abilities
- 6-10 years experience in gathering business requirements, designing, developing and deploying reporting systems
- Minimum of two years financial services, reinsurance or life insurance industry experience
- Ability to analyze disparate sources of data, generate Data Processing specifications and Data visualization skills
- SAP Business Objects Universe and Report design experience (IDT, UDT, WebI, CCM, CMC, Tomcat)
- Microsoft SSAS OLAP cube design/development experience
- Microsoft SRS report design/development experience
- Microsoft SSIS ETL program design/development
- SQL Server 2012 (and above) Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer
- Microsoft Access and Excel 2010
- Microsoft Office 2010, Visio, Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of Hyperion Reporting desired
Company Standards – applicable to all positions
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures
- Perform all duties with the goal of maximizing shareholder value
- Perform all duties accurately and as workload necessitates
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicate regularly with manager about departmental and issues
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Arrive at work on time prepared to perform duties of the position
- Ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Meet department and productivity standards