Sr BI Developer
1400 Lester RdNW Conyers, GA 30012 | Direct Hire
Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Join our Business Intelligence Team as we transform analytics and migrate our BI platform to the Azure Cloud Data Warehouse. This position will focus on building our new data warehouse platform and launching BI visualization tools leveraging the Microsoft Azure platform and tools. You will be responsible for data acquisition and mapping logic, data modeling, and building end user visualization applications. This is a technical role, accountable for the end-to-end deployment of BI business solutions. You will work in a team environment that has both new development and support responsibilities.
Key Tasks & Responsibility
Work in conjunction with business analysts and other business users in developing dashboards and other BI related solutions.
- Extract complex data from multiple sources into usable and meaningful reports and analyses
- Design, develop and test data quality and data delivery performance
- Develop according to department guidelines and standards.
Ability to translate business requirements into BI deliverables and business solutions. Candidate will be responsible for developing and documenting deliverables required to ensure successful solution delivery which includes ETL mapping logic, data model and dictionary updates, reporting schema, and translating wireframes from use cases into business strategy deployment.
Troubleshoot issues and bugs within the data delivery platform analyze reasons for failure, implement optimal solutions, and revise procedures and documentation as needed
Ability to work with minimal supervision, estimate requests, and manage time to committed target dates for business users. Display learning agility for new technologies and data structures. Self-motivated and driven to exceed user expectations.
Collaborate with other BI Developers and contribute to the team goals and objectives and mentor Junior Level Developers
Required Experience and Knowledge (5+ years experience in the following):
- Data warehouse analysis and design experience building multi-dimensional and tabular data models with deep understanding of data warehouse traditional and evolving methodologies. Strong MS SQL experience required (T-SQL).
- Experience in working with MS SQL 2016 preferred. Experience with Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, and U-SQL a plus
- Experience with Azure Data Warehouse is a plus.
- Experience and strong understanding of operational issue handling and automation capabilities.
- Experience delivering End to End Development Projects
- Experience working in a fast paced, high energy environment; Agile/Scrum experience is desired.
- Deep experience with ETL and BI Reporting leveraging Microsoft SSIS, SSAS, and specifically designing reports using Power BI/SSRS.
- Experience with MDX is a plus
- Must be Detail Orientated
- Must be Deadline Orientated, able to deliver software development within Project time lines
- Must be a self-starter
- Must have excellent communicative skills; verbal and written
- Must be able to document processes efficiently
- Mentor Junior Developers
- Microsoft certifications are a plus
- Bachelor' s Degree. Engineering or Computer Science. Masters in Management Information Systems preferred.