Solutions/Systems Architect (Software)
1125 Sanctuary Parkway Alpharetta, GA 30009 | Direct Hire
Solutions/Systems Architect (Software)
The Solutions/Systems Architect – Software will be part of a Product Engineering team developing and supporting a customer and partner facing cloud based, SaaS product. This platform gives our customers, partners, and professional services teams valuable insights to increase productivity, efficiency, and ROI. Using some of the latest technologies like Big Data, IoT, Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning and modern data collection mechanisms our platform gathers operational and support information for analysis and provides consolidated and actionable information to help our customers and partners manage their devices in the field. In this position, the Architect will be working hands on with the team to build new and innovative solutions. The Architect will lead the effort (hands on) to build POCs for employing the latest technologies, Processes, Methodologies to enable the company’ s product to deliver the highest value proposition to our customers. The Architect will quickly become conversant with overall architecture of the product and all the technologies utilized (UI, Middle Tier, Back End, Big Data Layer etc) The Architect will live and breathe the cutting-edge technologies and acts as a Technology evangelist on the team. The Architect will work closely with Product Management group, development team, and members of other teams that maintain supporting applications and systems.
Key responsibilities include helping with architecture phase, interact with Product Management team to understand complex business problems, develop detailed designs (hands on) for complex solutions, build POCs hands on, review complex solutions as needed, help other developers in understanding requirements/developing designs and troubleshooting various technical issues; implement technology best practices, write and present solutions, daily/weekly/monthly status updates etc.
- 10+ years of overall software industry experience
- 7+ years in Java/J2EE, REST, SOA, Micro Services, Spring, JTA etc.
- 5+ years as Solutions/Systems Architect (must be hands on)
- 2+ years of experience in AWS Cloud, architecting solutions, building POCs
- 2+ years of experience in Data Lakes, Big Data platforms, Hadoop, Casandra, Impala
- 1+ years of experience in Predictive Analytics
- 1+ years of experience in Machine Learning
- Strong experience with full SDLC – Requirements, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment using Agile methodologies
- Ability to work with Business Leaders, SMEs and BSAs to understand the requirement and to convert the business problem into a technology problem and find the solution for the same
- Must have experience converting the concepts in to algorithms for complex business problems
- High Maturity level with the ability to lead the team intellectually, technologically
- Ability to act as the go to person for the team and be able to guide the team members in problem solving, designing, building robust solutions etc.
- Experience of leading a team of 8-10 resources
- Strong experience with Web Services (SOAP and RESTful)
- Experience with JBOSS, WebSphere and/or Apache
- Advanced level of knowledge in SQL
- Experience of Agile/Scrum and managing Scrum teams
- Experience of working with worldwide clients (NALA, EMEA, APAC)
- Experience of having worked with other software product firms, particularly in the platforms or infrastructure space will be a plus
- Experience of Java/J2EE, UML, design patterns, TDD
- Exposure to virtualization tools such as VMWare will be a plus
- Must be a team player with excellent coordination skills
- Must have very good communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have a BS / Advanced Degree in Computer Science or equivalent