Software Engineer in Test Consultant
5905 legacy Drive Plano, TX 75024
Client Data Services Platform enables clients cars to communicate to the cloud and powers our engineering and data science teams to build efficient streaming solutions, smart analytic products and dashboards.
We are looking for a skilled developer with a passion for testing and the coding skills to understand our complex backend systems. As a Software Engineer in Test, you will ensure high-quality delivery of our software with a rapidly growing team of data engineers and data scientists.
In this role, you will help build software test automation that test the data pipelines, back-end services and APIs. Your efforts as a Software Engineer in Test will help us make certain that our system performs correctly and can scale. A successful candidate will have experience in test automation and developing quality software, a high standard for quality and an obsession for detail.
- Evaluate software releases to ensure that software is performing according to guidelines and expectations
- Participate in the design of new features and the refactoring of existing services to ensure testability
- Develop and maintain test frameworks that provide automated testing of data pipelines, backend services and APIs
- Build and maintain tests; track outcome of application testing and monitoring for inconsistent results
- 3+ years of test development/automation experience
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Strong coding skills experience in Java, Python, and/or Scala
- Experience working with Git or similar version control system
- Experience working in a public cloud with AWS, Azure, or equivalent
- Strong experience with API/backend testing
- Experience testing data pipelines using Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Storm Kafka, etc) on large scale unstructured data sets is a plus
- You have natural curiosity, critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a drive for innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent would be of great value in this position, but if you' re smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time