2 Gatehall Drive, 2nd Floor Parsippany, NJ 07054
The Software Engineer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation. The Software Engineer must be capable of producing high quality code, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role liaises with project managers, lead developers, business analysts, and may also include some client interaction.
• Develop Java code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing.
• Understand the impact of changes across the application.
• Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
• Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
• Enhance and maintain existing application software, continually providing support for internally developed applications
• Accurately communicate development status on a regular basis to team leads
• Assist the production support team in defect analysis
• 5+ years real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS), and Structured Framework experience (Struts)
• Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as JAXP, JAXB, and XPath
• Experience in developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
• Background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
• General knowledge of SQL
• Experience with multidimensional databases and the MDX query language.
• Ability to apply advanced software programming to solve complex business problems.
• Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and will have exceptional writing and communication skills to establish relationships and work with all levels internally and externally.
• Demonstrated record developing successful applications that are highly integrated and reliable
• Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems highly preferred
• BA, BS or MS degree