3929 W John Carpenter Freeway Lincolnshire, IL 60069 | Contract To Hire
The ability to display strength working closely with other team members, managers and clients is a key element of this position. In-depth industry knowledge in the appropriate market segment(s) and in-depth technical knowledge in at least one area of specialization/solution.
Ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and add value & leadership as a team member for the team. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills. Ability to train and disseminate technical and competitive information within area of expertise. Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
Computer and/or Technical Skills: Leading-edge technical knowledge and consultative skills above reproach, with in-depth industry knowledge in the appropriate market segment(s).
- Minimum of 3 to 8 years of software development experience
- Expertise in coding in C++ development, including templates and the Standard Template Library
- Strong background in multithreaded, near real time software development
- Experienced user of Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Foundation Classes
- Basic understanding of network programming (WinSock, TCP/IP)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with solving problems and delivering high quality results in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to be self-directed and self sufficient
- Skills to demonstrate technical maturity and the ability to take a leadership role at the project level.
- Skills to be proficient in all phases of the software life cycle, including gathering requirements, writing functional specifications, writing design specifications, coding, debugging, testing and documentation.
- Must have hands on experience supporting delivery through Agile methodologies
- Experience with VoIP, SIP, RTP, TLS, SNMP
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or other databases
- Experience with web services, REST API, HTTP service
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, etc.)
- Familiarity with building or supporting AWS, Azure based solutions
- Experience working with automated build systems (Jenkins)
- Experience with Linux platform
- This position requires a Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Language Skills: Excellent English written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic Math
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role with ability to train and disseminate information to other SEs as an extended virtual team.
- Work Environment and Physical Demands –
- General Work Environment: Office
- Noise: Moderate
- Standing/Lifting: 20 lbs.
- Visual: Cleat
- Stress: High
- Supervisory Responsibility, if any: No supervisory responsibility.