Software Engineer II
3400 new hyde park rd New Hyde Park, NY 11042 | Contract To Hire
As a Software Engineer you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers.
- Implement platform-level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions.
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions.
- Enhance performance and reliability of our current solutions.
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams.
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization.
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a highly performing and highly available production system.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with SiteMinder, Ping Federate or Identity Providers in general is required.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 3+ years of development experience
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Strong Java and/or .NET skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies
- Strong understanding of industry development, deployment processes and agile development methodologies desired.