3929 W John Carpenter Freeway Irving, TX 75063 | Contract To Hire
Details of this position:
Responsible for design and development of new innovative software and/or extensive software revisions- upgrades; products for retail solutions. Defines retail solution software product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with new-existing systems/platforms. As the software architect in a retail solution development team and will have authority to make technical decisions. Evaluates and designs a broad range of complex application solutions for our customers. Possesses in-depth conceptual knowledge and technical expertise in several areas or disciplines. Applies best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve solutions or services. Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to both standard and non-standard requests and issues. Is able to explain difficult issues and works to build consensus. Solves complex problems using new perspectives. Serves as a mentor for colleagues with less experience. Is able to make decisions within guidelines and policies. Is accountable for small to medium projects with manageable risks and resource requirements. Monitors and controls effort for small to medium projects. May direct the work of onshore and offshore staff members. Should be self-motivated and should be a self-starter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- 60% Designs, configures, develop and tests new innovative applications including extensive software revisions- upgrades; software products for retail solutions.
- Defines retail solution software product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with new-existing systems/platforms.
- Provides detailed analysis to ensure solution meets the requirements
- Documents software architecture, functionality, and process.
- Designs systems, modules and determines approaches for required enhancements
- Codes, reviews, prepares test data, tests and debugs
- Analyzes and provides complex data conversions
- Oversees the modification of systems and ensures accuracy and completeness for both onshore and offshore teams
- Analyzes and verifies the integration of changes within the systems
- Develops efficient and effective problem resolutions
- Makes the best available technical decision to create innovative software
- 10% Analysis, Evaluations, Interprets customer needs and available technology, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to both standard and nonstandard requests valuates systems
- Interviews users and determines information needs and sources of required data.
- Explains difficult issues and can work to build understanding and consensus
- Recommends systems solutions.
- 10% Maintains and enhances technology expertise keeping current with evolving systems analysis programming and database technology.
- 10% Produces business, system, technical, program and user documentation for all systems created within the department to meet SDLC deliverable requirements.
- 5% Provides on-call for customer-user assistance
- 5% Provides mentoring and direction to developers
Must have experience:
- Must have 4+ years’ experience Microsoft Visual C++/C#
- 3+ years of experience of software development
- Preferred for a point of sale and PIN pad in a retail environment
- Must have Low level Microsoft libraries (STL, Win32)
- XML, XSLT preferred
- Credit management experience preferred
- Oracle database preferred
- SQL Programming preferred
- PL/SQL Stored Procedures preferred
- Networking, TCP/IP preferred
- Familiarity with card processing preferred
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- POS preferred experience
- Retail preferred experience