Software Engineer (Billing Systems)
100 Peachtree St NW #2700 Atlanta, GA 30303 | Direct Hire
About Our Billing Systems Team
Our Billing team focuses on the systems and processes that allow us to bill our customers and collect their payments. This is a cross-functional team that includes members with development, product management, QA, and design skills. We' re currently focused on refactoring the system to provide reliable invoicing and support for more flexible plans and tiers.
We' re looking for a full-stack developer to help the team tackle those major updates.
What You' ll Do
- Be a good teammate. You' ll be helpful, open-minded, and collaborative. You' ll help support your teammates and ensure they feel included and valued.
- Be an effective software developer. You' ll strive to write simple, well-tested code that solves problems for our customers.
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you' ll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs.
- Communicate well. You' ll write descriptive commit messages and provide necessary context in your pull requests. You' ll provide good status updates on your work and let people know when you' re stuck or need help.
- Prioritize delivering value for our customers. You' ll focus on finding the smallest chunk of work that will help solve a problem. Early feedback will allow you to hone in on the best solutions.
We require you be willing and able to do all of the things in the previous section. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We' ll consider candidates who don' t check all of these boxes. If you' ve got analogous experience or a track record of being able to pick things up quickly, please apply.
Experience with the following would be helpful:
- Writing web applications with an MVC framework. Ruby on Rails experience is ideal.
- Building Software-as-a-Service platforms. Especially for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Using modern front-end frameworks. We use Angular.
- Writing software where security and regulatory compliance are critical.
- Refactoring systems to perform well at scale while still being readable and easy to maintain.
- Accounting experience or experience working with billing or financial systems.
Technologies and Tools We Use
- Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq, and Rspec
- Postgres and Redis
- Twilio and other telephony providers
- DataDog, HoneyBadger, Code Climate, and Semaphore
- GitHub, Slack, and Target Process