Software Engineer - Cloud Services
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29, 000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
We are looking for talented software engineers to join our expanding cloud platform team. Our cloud platform is responsible for providing the foundation for NCR cloud-based products, and includes a variety of features and services similar to those found on Google Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS in addition to features found only from NCR.
We work with some of the smartest, nicest people you'll meet. People who work here say the problems they work on are enormously challenging, and that the team culture is the most supportive they have seen.
Our primary customers are our fellow engineers, so we have easy access to feedback. We experience the impact our work is having, and we take pride in providing services with great availability and ease of use. We are adding new features to our platform all the time and this means our services need to be accessible and easy to use.
What working on this team is like
We own everything about our services from concept through to operations.
We ship incrementally and often; once we merge code we normally want to ship it straight away.
We own our process and we're free to improve on it.
We emphasize quality above all else.
We automate everything.
How do you know if you are right for this job?
You thrive in a fast paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies.
You have built or want to build web services and components at cloud scale to help your fellow development teams build exciting new products.
You understand the value quality and continuous delivery, and want to help teams release frequently and often to production, with high quality.
You have the ability to tackle problems both at the large scale (think hundred-node clusters) and the small scale (think individual atomic locks).
You have a strong desire to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone.
Experience and skills you will need
- Solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals including common data structures, algorithms, and concurrent programming.
- Experience using at least one static programming language such as Java, C#, C++, Go, or similar.
- Solid background in use of relational and non-relational databases.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities.
- Passion for developing clear, robust, and testable software.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Experience and skills we hope to see
- Ability to work in a distributed architecture.
- Experience working on highly available, high-transaction volume, fault-tolerant systems.
- Experienced with the Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
- Experience with Hadoop and associated technologies such as HBase, Phoenix, etc.
- Experience with Apache Storm, Kafka, and Solr.
- Introductory working knowledge of Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes.
- Background working on publicly available, production systems.
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
SW Engineering Manager
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Note that we will likely have a technical exercise as a first round for consideration, followed by a phone interview then onsite. We have 3 positions to fill here, thank you for your help!
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Please submit contact info in the Scout form, thank you! - Lauren
Please Note: All Third Party Agencies that are on Scout are on NCRs preferred supplier list.