Software Development Engineer IV
15 Sterling Dr Wallingford, CT 06492 | Contract
- Responsible for many phases of the software development lifecycle including technical research, requirements analysis, high level and technical design, implementation of enhancements to the product, unit testing, debugging, and maintenance.
- Responsible for maintaining existing backend system. Maintain Microsoft Access applications
- Responsible for maintaining existing reporting systems
- Responsible for migrating MS Access apps to the newer versions of applications
- Contribute across the application life cycle, including design, build, deploy, test and release. Code, debug, test driven development, unit test, and maintain applications to meet documented requirements. Translate functional requirements to technical requirements/design specifications.
- Generate technical documentation.
- Be an advocate for developing high quality performance applications that supports our core objectives for patient engagement and operational efficiency.
- Leverage experience and skills to devise technical designs that meet company objectives and communicate them effectively to all stakeholders.
- Engage in process improvement, architecture, standards and practices, and operations to continually improve what we do and how we do it.
- Be a resource to other developers in application of recommended practices, team standards, and processes. Adhere to all team and department standards and practices and to provide input for improvements.
- Maintain proficiency in all technologies used by means of peer education, self-study and external training if offered.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering
- 10 - 15 years of experience building web applications using the following relevant technologies:
- MS Access
- Windows Operating systems
- SQL Server (RDMS, SQL Queries, stored procedures, Triggers)
- C# ASP.NET, VBA
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- WCF (SOAP / REST)
- Team Foundation Server
- NUnit or other automated unit test development tool
- Test driven development
- Experience with internet and computer based solutions for financial institutions is a plus