Software Development Engineer III
2 Gatehall Drive Parsippany, NJ 07054-4521 | Contract
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Develop Java code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing.
• Understand the impact of changes across the application.
• Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
• Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
• Enhance and maintain existing application software, continually providing support for internally developed applications
• Accurately communicate development status on a regular basis to team leads
• Assist the production support team in defect analysis
• 7+ years real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS), and Structured Framework experience (Struts)
• Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as JAXP, JAXB, and XPath
• Experience in developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
• Background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
• General knowledge of SQL
• Experience with multidimensional databases and the MDX query language.
• Ability to apply advanced software programming to solve complex business problems.
• Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and will have exceptional writing and communication skills to establish relationships and work with all levels internally and externally.
• Demonstrated record developing successful applications that are highly integrated and reliable
• Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems highly preferred
• BA, BS or MS degree