Software Development Engineer III
Parsippany, NJ 07054 | Contract
- Develop Java code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing.
- Understand the impact of changes across the application.
- Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
- Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
- Enhance and maintain existing application software, continually providing support for internally developed applications
- Accurately communicate development status on a regular basis to team leads
- Assist the production support team in defect analysis
- 5+ years real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS), and Structured Framework experience (Struts)
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as JAXP, JAXB, and XPath
- Experience in developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
- Background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
- General knowledge of SQL
- Experience with multidimensional databases and the MDX query language.
- Ability to apply advanced software programming to solve complex business problems.
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and will have exceptional writing and communication skills to establish relationships and work with all levels internally and externally.
- Demonstrated record developing successful applications that are highly integrated and reliable
- Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment