Software Developer- intermediate
1525 Windward Concourse ALPHARETTA, GA 30005
Plans, designs, develops, codes and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products. Revises and refines systems as required. Participates in the devising of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of business systems. Develops and maintains operational and system level documentation. Must be able to apply SDLC concepts and have a proven track record of delivering solid, robust applications. Strong communication skills are required as position will interact with business owners. 3-5 years of prior software development experience required. The Software Engineer will join a growing project that is committed to agile development. As a Software Engineer, this person will support their scrum team by solving various testing problems using application development in Java and other languages. This person will be responsible for identifying and implementing solutions to problems related to software quality assurance. This person will contribute to building test automation frameworks and test tools that will allow products to be delivered faster and with higher quality.
• Understanding of OOP. Professional experience in Java
• Professional experience with relational databases and SQL
• Able to understand and follow designs set out by other engineers and architects
• Capable of creating and explaining designs that others can follow
• Possess good teamwork skills and motivated to teach and learn from others
• Interested in being more than just a programmer. This person should want to master all aspects of making great software including requirements, testing, and architecture
• An absolute, unwavering commitment to quality software
• Able to contribute working and readable code to the team and be able to explain the code to others
• Experience with QA methodologies and deployment practices
• Experience or ability to learn JavaEE, Spring, SQL, Web Services, and Hibernate.
• Understanding of and commitment to Agile principles
• Able to step in when another team or project could benefit from this person’ s skills
• Understanding of CI and associated tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
• Experience working with automated testing frameworks at the unit, API, and integration levels.