One Blue Hill Plaza Floor 16 Pearl River, NY 10965 | Direct Hire
Under the general direction of the Software Development Manager; a Software Developer is focused on the design and creation of new software as well as maintenance and improvement of existing software systems.
The position requires the ability to consistently develop and deliver projects on agreed time lines, budgets, and quality expectations.
- Develops software: specifically writes code for new and existing software products, participates in code reviews, software design and development process.
- Communicates changes and progress.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Follows the established development methodologies
- Five (5) years of software development experience.
- Knowledge of .NET, C#, VB or ASP.NET.
- Experience building desktop applications.
- Experience with POS systems preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, proven ability in determining the root cause of problems and the base set of conditions for their occurrence.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently, and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
- Experience with the following tools/technologies: .NET, C#, VB, Web Services, REST, JSON, ASP.NET
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Minimum Education
Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Note that an equivalent amount of work experience may be considered a substitute for the degree.