One Blue Hill Plaza, Floor 16 Pearl River, NY 10965
Under the general direction of the Software Development Manager; a Software Developer is focused on the design and creation of new software as well as maintenance and improvement of existing software systems.
The position requires the ability to consistently develop and deliver projects on agreed time lines, budgets, and quality expectations. Responsibilities include:
- Develops software: specifically writes code for new and existing software products, participates in code reviews, software design and development process.
- Communicates changes and progress
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Follows the established development methodologies
- Five (5) or more years of software development experience.
- Knowledge of .NET, C# or VB.net, Sql Server, SQL server reporting services, ASP.net.
- Experience in building .net based desktop and web applications.
- Experience with POS systems is preferred.
- Two (2) or more years experience in Angular 2.0+ and Node JS is preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, proven ability in determining the root cause of problems and the base set of conditions for their occurrence.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently, and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
- Experience with the following tools/technologies: .NET, C#, VB, Web Services, REST, JSON
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Note that an equivalent amount of work experience may be considered a substitute for the degree.