Software Dev Eng III
Live Oak, TX 00000 | Contract
Software Development Eng III
Location: Live Oak, TX
The Software Engineer will work in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation. The Software Engineer must be capable of producing high quality code, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role liaises with project managers, lead developers, business analysts, and may also include some client interaction.
• Develop Java code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing.
• Understand the impact of changes across the application.
• Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
• Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
• Enhance and maintain existing application software, continually providing support for internally developed applications
• Accurately communicate development status on a regular basis to team leads
• Assist the production support team in defect analysis
• Minimum 5 years' experience developing object oriented enterprise application, in a J2EE
environment (primary role)
• Minimum 3 years' experience using a relational database
• Minimum 3 years of experience on App Server IBM Web Sphere
• Minimum 3 years of experience on Struts and MVC spring frame work
• Bachelor' s degree in a related IT field or equivalent experience required.
• Experience in a continuous integration environment preferable (i.e. build servers, source code
analysis and unit testing)
• Fundamental knowledge of Java and financial industry on line banking is a plus
• Requires teamwork and dedication to developing strong relationships with coworkers
• Must have excellent people, verbal, and organizational skills
• Participate in a teaming environment
• Meet set deadlines with changing priorities
• Collaborates with RBFCU team members to discuss requirements and system interfaces, while
assessing available technologies to develop and present information technology solutions
• Provide technical guidance and analysis, along with business process expertise on complex
projects, while researching strategic planning matters from a technical and business standpoint
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Experience using a change management tool.
• Must be skilled at learning emerging technologies.
• Lead will help mentor level 1 & 2 developers
• Must be able to break down complex problems quickly
• Ability to learn new business processes quickly
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, dedicated, reliable and team orientated
• Experience with Windows operating system, MS Word, and Excel
• Experience with a Change Management tool is preferred but not required