Service Desk Manager
3100 Windy Hill Road Atlanta, GA 30339
Service Desk Manager
Summary Job Description:
The Service Desk Manager must have demonstrable leadership skills in a fast-paced environment. Possess forward-thinking strategies and solutions with a high degree of customer-service focus, and excellent communication skills. The Service Desk Manager serves as the liaison between the infrastructure and general operations of the facility. The Manager is expected to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines.
- Five (5) plus years’ experience managing people with a demonstrated record of accomplishment of leading a team where customer experience is a priority. Demonstrate advanced interpersonal skills to engage with peers, customers, and senior management
- Experience working with Operations and business teams to communicate problem impacts and understand business requirements.
- Proven skills in leadership development and team building.
- Experience in Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Asset Management.
- Ability to communicate technical service-desk subject matter to non-technical clients and team members.
- Experience with ITSM platforms using ServiceNow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule as necessary.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field strongly preferred
- HDI certification strongly desired
- ITIL foundation certified; Thorough understanding of ITIL best practices and trends
- Develop and implement service desk policies, processes, and procedures for the management and support of internal and external customers to include responsibility for effective communication of status
- Provide management and direction for the Service Desk team according to practices defined in ITIL
- Establish and meet agreed levels (SLA) of incident resolution and request fulfillment; continually improve the service-desk delivery processes to ensure optimal efficiency of service quality for customers
- Develop procedures that outline how incidents, requests, and problems are identified, documented, assigned, and managed in the ITSM tools
- Lead and improve incident and problem management disciplines
- Responsible for assigning and prioritizing tasks and projects to Helpdesk Team
- Maintain availability to subordinate staff for escalation questions and to ensure prompt response and timely turnaround of issues and submitted tickets
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports on key performance metrics related to incidents, problems, and service requests
- Analyzes performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify areas for improvement, and devise/deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future service delivery quality issues
- Identifies, recommends, develops, and implements programs to advance the knowledge of customers and team members, including communication, training, and user experience and knowledge management
- Ensures the service desk provides and delivers high levels of support by providing trends, reports, and analysis of customer satisfaction, performance against agreed to service levels and plans for service improvement