Service Desk Analyst
GARDEN CITY, NY 11530 | Contract To Hire
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible to provide courteous, accurate and prompt support to our internal customers. This positions day-to-day activities include utilizing technical troubleshooting skills to solve technical incidents, requests and problems in addition to systematically answering phone calls, voicemail, responding to email, conducting online chat and face-to-face desk-side support. The Service Desk Analyst provides clear documentation of each customer interaction while working within various computer applications and supports a work environment focused on continuously improving the overall success of the department.
- Responding to requests for help from customers.
- Troubleshooting and resolving difficult technical issues effectively and efficiently.
- Prioritizing, evaluating, resolving and escalating calls as required.
- Providing appropriately detailed and timely follow-up support with customers.
- Submitting accurate and well-documented solutions consistently for inclusion in the knowledge base.
- Recording every interaction with a customer into the service management system.
- Instructing customers in the use of hardware, software and manuals.
- Configuring and distributing hardware and software to customers in a timely manner.
- Installing hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on customers’ machines.
- Loading specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing and all proprietary software programs into personal computers.
- Configuring and troubleshooting network hardware and communication equipment, operating systems and personal computers.
- Interacting with Active Directory for Moves, Adds, and Changes.
- Configuring and maintaining VDI pools and troubleshooting issues with VDI.
- Entering commands and observing system functions to verify correct system operation.
- Recommending or performing minor remedial actions to correct problems identified.
- Providing updates, status and completion information to the Service Desk Manager through voicemail, e-mail, or in-person communication
- Monitoring new technologies and/or updates required to support the various systems currently in operation.
- Self-assigning and monitoring progress of work, reporting progress to the Service Desk Manager on a regular basis.
- Be on call for after-hours coverage as listed on a rotation schedule or as needed.
- Maintaining medical confidentiality.
- Performing miscellaneous duties as assigned as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to managements’ directions accurately.
- Proven skills in advanced computer troubleshooting, analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, occasionally in urgent situations.
- Demonstrated skills in accuracy and thoroughness paying close attention to detail. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Ability to learn multiple programs and systems.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Ability to prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
- Proven commitment to maintaining medical confidentiality.
- Demonstrated team behavior and willingness to promote a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain focus and concentrate in close quarters with normal distractions and without distracting others.
- Ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events and work in an environment with constant change.
- Demonstrated reliability by arriving to work on time and by abiding by the attendance policy and occasionally work past the end of the work shift as needed.
- Willingness to be on call for after-hours coverage as listed on a rotation schedule or as needed.
- Ability to abide by all the company policies and guidelines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. One year previous experience working on a Service Desk required. College degree and experience supporting users in a virtualized environment and working with Active Directory is preferred.