Senior Software Engineer
9750 Goethe Road Sacramento, CA 95827 | Direct Hire
The Software Engineer writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
- Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Establish standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
- Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced SW Engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Control system design practice within an enterprise or industry architecture.
- Influence industry-based models for the development of new technology applications.
- Develop effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs.
- Ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices.
- Manage application enhancements to improve business performance
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in related field
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Minimum 1 year working experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like API Gateway, Lambda, S3 and Elastic Compute
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience in coding within the full technology stack
- Thorough understanding of software design and development with J2EE on Java Application Servers like JBoss/Tomcat
- Understanding of AS400 is helpful