Senior Network Architect
Lenexa, KS 66219 | Direct Hire
Responsible for design, support, administration of corporate IT/OT network Infrastructure located in North America.
- Design and engineering of all IT/OT - LAN/WAN for North America.
- Provide support and day-to-day management for firewalls. Includes security, NAT, VPN, configuration, upgrades.
- Manage IPSEC VPN tunnels with customer and partners.
- Make recommendations for network vendors. Selection based on business requirements.
- Configure and manage all Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Configure and manage all load balancing.
- Provide recommendations to enhance or improve corporate IT/OT network services based on business requirements.
- Design, support and manage WAN acceleration technologies. Make recommendations for implementation and tuning.
- Manage Global VPN relationship with service provider.
- Manage Websense proxy service.
- Support video conferencing service.
- Provide 3rd level support for all corporate IT/OT network infrastructure in North America.
- Mentoring colleagues on support and configuration of multiple network technologies.
- Ensure obtainment of network SLA' s.
- Produce detailed design documentation based on architectural standards.
- Responsible for the technical review / approval of network level changes and implementation of the most complex changes.
- Work with other technical groups to help delivery of business critical projects.
- Maintain sufficient familiarity with business / application / systems requirements.
- Create and update network infrastructure documentation.
- Liaison with Global IT networking group.
- Management of service provider relationships for WAN technologies.
- Represent Company in a positive, professional manner when working with both external and internal customers.
- Support and adhere to Company' s Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco IOS.
- Using of network sniffers for troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of the following protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, BGP, IPSEC, Spanning-tree, Ethernet, HSRP, VRRP.
- Troubleshooting complex network issues at all layers.
- Ability to lead and manage projects.
- Ability to document and use Visio to convey physical and logical designs.
- Ability to gather requirements from business units and provide proper technical solutions based on these requirements.
- Good understanding of network security devices: firewalls, proxy servers, IPS.
- Personal Computer knowledge.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Keyboard/typing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- 7+ years designing layer 2 and layer 3 networks.
- 7+ years of experience using Cisco switch and routers. Layer 2 and Layer 3.
- Cisco certification preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working with load balancing technologies.
- 3+ years of experience working with WAN acceleration technologies.
- 5+ years working with WAN service providers on multiple technologies including DS3, Metro Ethernet, T1
- 5+ years working with BGP for Internet routing.