Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA | Scout
Intake call recording
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29, 000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
YOU ARE…Passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility. Opportunity. Boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe software engineering changes how people live.
At NCR, we believe that, too. We’re one of the world’s first tech companies, and still going strong. Like us, you know the online and mobile worlds better than any other—and see patterns that no one else sees. Our software engineers write code that can survive under the pressure of hundreds of thousands of requests per minute.
We are looking for talented Senior Cloud Software Engineers to join our expanding platform as a service team. Our platform as a service is responsible for providing the foundation for NCR cloud-based products, and includes a variety of features and services similar to those found on Google Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS.
We work with some of the smartest, nicest people you'll meet. People who work here say the problems they work on are enormously challenging, and that the team culture is the most supportive they have seen.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for software engineering talent like you.
WE ARE…NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU CAN EXPECT TO….
Play a key role as a SW developer on newly formed scrum teams focused on developing NCR’s Cloud Platform that will serve each of our major industries – Financial Services, Retail, Hospitality and Travel. You will build and expand the services powering our API ecosystem, solving problems for a large community of fellow developers. Your key day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Crafting clean, well-tested code using rigorous continuous delivery methodologies, including automated functional and non-functional testing.
- Participation in an enterprise open source community by producing quality project and API documentation, samples, and answering forum questions.
- Building large-scale applications using Java or similar languages, with a focus on high-performance, scalability and resiliency in a service-oriented environment.
Qualifications YOU HAVE…
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Excellent development skills with Java or another JVM language
- Experience using relational and/or non-relational databases
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern frameworks for building high-throughout, resilient micro services
- Understanding of methodologies such as TDD, BDD, and some experience with tools and frameworks for automated testing.
- Some familiarity with distributed design patterns, high-volume data stores, and horizontal scaling techniques
- Desire and ability to tackle problems both at the large scale (think hundred-node clusters) and the small scale (think individual atomic locks)
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE…
- Background working on highly-available, high-transaction volume, fault-tolerant systems
- Skill with additional programming languages such as C#, C++, Scala, Go, Clojure, etc.
- Familiarity with Spring Framework, Spring Cloud, vert.x, node.js
- Participated in public open source projects
- Prior experience using, or knowledge of, Hadoop and associated technologies such as HBase, Phoenix, as well as with Apache Storm, Kafka, and Solr.
- Strong foundation in developing cloud-based solutions using platforms such as Heroku, Azure, or Amazon AWS
- Knowledge of 12-factor application principles
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Employee Status: Regular Job Level: Manager More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
SW Engineering Manager
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
5+ years of software development experience Excellent development skills with Java or another JVM language Experience using relational and/or non-relational databases Experience designing, implementing, and testing RESTful APIs Familiarity with modern frameworks for building high-throughout, resilient micro services
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Skill with additional programming languages such as C#, C++, Scala, Go, Clojure, etc. Familiarity with Spring Framework, Spring Cloud, vert.x, node.js
Please Note: All Third Party Agencies that are on Scout are on NCRs preferred supplier list.