Senior C# Developer
47 Perimeter Center East, Ste 630 Atlanta, GA 30346 | Contract
Senior C# Developer
The Senior Programmer Analyst role is to provide seasoned capabilities in most aspects of systems analysis, programming, unit and application testing, and implementation. This includes interacting with business analysts and client users to understand application specifications; write program specifications; code and unit test programs; help implement systems; provide post-implementation support. A Senior Programmer Analyst will also assist in managing and directing projects and project phases and help mentor more junior development team members.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 7+ years professional programming experience with exposure to a variety of projects and programming tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely completion of programming tasks for complex or business-critical applications. These tasks might include coding, testing, installation, documentation and post-installation audits, all performed in accordance with established standards. Typically, the Senior Programmer Analysts is assigned to one or more business applications of medium to large size and the project assignments are medium to large scale, moderately to highly complex, and/or moderately to highly visible.
- Conducts meetings with users to analyze their needs and either modifies and enhances existing software and systems to meet those needs or proposes replacement systems.
- Assist in training and providing technical assistance to other programmer analysts to include maintaining, operating and programming computers
- Adheres to development methodology which consists of programming and systems standards, conventions and procedures and helps ensure that they are followed by other Programmer/Analysts.
- Prepares written analysis of problems and outlines alternative solutions.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Studies and tests new application software, and conducts research into emerging software alternatives and makes recommendations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of computer system operations principles, procedures, analysis and design to include hardware and software.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of programming in a relational database environment, program documenting and troubleshooting.
- Highly proficient in a variety of programming languages including Microsoft C# (required).
- Extensive understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent knowledge of company products and software development directions.
- Plays lead role in providing technical guidance and mentoring for programming language specific requests from other departmental group members.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.